O.W.L.S. Readathon: My TBR for the month

By Julita Stefaniak - April 01, 2020

I honestly love taking part in readathons as they serve as great motivation (and I usually need that) to get more reading done. I also get weirdly excited about putting together my tbr and looking through my books to chose what I'll read. The prepared stack of books that currently stares at me from the corner of my desk fills me with so much joy! 

I took part in OWLS Readathon organized by Book Roast (link to her video: here) last year and it was too much fun not to participate in it again. The way everything is prepared and the work she has put to make the guides and prompts look realistic makes the whole thing even better. 

Technically, you can only choose one career but since I'm back home and almost done with uni I decided to pick two. If I read one book out of every subject (but I'm kinda excited to read more) it gives me a total of 8 books to read in a month! I hope I manage to get more done but time will tell. 


Journalist / Writer:

History of Magic - > a book featuring witches/wizards: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare and/or The Last Wish (The Witcher) by Andrzej Sapkowski

Muggle Studies - > a contemporary: Inferno by Dan Brown and/or The Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

Astronomy - > read the majority of this book at night: Eragon by Christopher Paolini and/or The Walking Dead Vol. 2: Miles Behind Us by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore


Librarian:

Ancient Runes - > a heart on the cover or in the title: Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren

Arithmancy - > something outside of my favourite genre: The Walking Dead Vol.1 Days Gone Bye by R. Kirkman and T. Moore

Defence Against the Dark Arts - > a book set at the sea/coast: Eyland by S. H. Bjornsdottir and/or Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

Transfiguration - > book/series that includes shapeshifting: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

History of  Magic (again):  Lily Blue Blue Lily by Maggie Stiefvater

I'm quite in the mood to read (wait until I have to write the final assignments for uni later this month, haha) so I'm planning on coming up with an additional tbr with subjects I don't need to take, but sound like fun! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. I love the way the readathons work and this one is really fun one :D!

    Up to this point I couldn't come up with an adult after-Hogwarts job apart from working in the Ministry of Magic or as a Hogwart's professor, but there are definitely more of them as we see 😂!

    During the lockdown now, there is plenty of time for reading so I am sure you will be able to complete your challange Babe 😍❤️!

    Those subjects are really fun and you will be a great writer and librarian ❤️!

    ReplyDelete