'The Walking Dead Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars' by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard and Cliff Rathburn | book review

By Julita Stefaniak - May 02, 2020

Rating: 5/5

Goodreads link: The Walking Dead Vol. 3
Read: physically (Polish)
Dates read: 01/04/2020
Pages: 134

If you haven't read my previous reviews:
The Walking Dead Vol. 1 click >>HERE<<
The Walking Dead Vol. 2 click >>HERE<<



The third volume of The Walking Dead was similarly good to the second one, if not even better. I flew through it in one sitting and when I reached the end I was left wanting more. The cliffhanger is definitely a strong one. It made me google if the fourth volume was maybe avaiable somewhere for free (for legal reasons this is a joke) because I so desperately needed to know what happens next.
I also came back to the TV show thanks to this graphic novel, but I realised that I prefer to stick with the books from now on. I think it is because of how less gruesome they are! The TV show's aim is to shock the viewers and make them wince at the sight of the dead. As I mentioned in my previous reviews, the books' aim is just to show the reality and not make you want to throw up from the disgusting drawings. I didn't know how much I appreciated this until I turned to the TV show. 

The plot of this volume was interesting, hopeful and surprising, I think the best one out of the first three. Some twists I really couldn't see coming! Despite the subject of zombies, I think the story was quite realistic. The characters were well created and almost alive. The only thing I dislike the most is Rick, the same reason as with my previous review. He is acting like such a hero no one needs nor wants. For half of the story I wanted to punch him in the face or wished he died in a fight with zombies. 

I truly can't wait to get my hands on the next volume of The Walking Dead. I so wish Scribd had it in their collection. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Judging from your review I can totally understand why you wanted to read the next part so soon! It must have been a great read (view :D). I know that right now it is really hard to get the next parts as physial copies, but I guess the graphic novels on the screen are much worse than on the paper so I guess it will be worth the wait when they reopen book shops again :D!

    Can't wait for your next review Babe ❤️!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it’s a nice one, I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing such informative stuff. martin luther king health center las vegas

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure! american business coalition health insurance Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.

    ReplyDelete