'Save me' by Mona Kasten | Book talk - with spoilers

By Julita Stefaniak - August 26, 2019

While writing the book review (shameless self-promo), I realised that there are things I would love to talk about, yet I can't without reviling some juicy spoilers. Here's a list of memorable moments from the book and my not-so-important comments that I still felt the need to share. 



1. The ball
I absolutely truly loved everything about the Victorian era inspired school ball. How everything was James's idea, how he got involved in everything - love, love, looove. My little heart with jumping with excitement and I got deeply involved in the storyline. The trip to London was everything I needed it to be; the mixture of the right amount of cuteness, excitement and sparks. Even though the photoshoot idea was a bit cliche, it fitted just right in that exact moment.
I also loved how it ended badly with the parents coming in and destroying that magical moment between them, how they had to jump back to reality. I would have been too cute otherwise. 
But coming back to the ball itself, I adored how they got lost in each other and how hard they were brought back to reality yet again by the parents. Scenes like that really excite me, probably the last of my Dramione obsession.

2. James's change
Looking back it was quite obvious when James started to act a bit differently because of Ruby, but I really enjoyed how subtle it was. Until one of the characters pointed it out I completely ignored it.
It's something quite rare in books because I usually notice it instantly and am annoyed that everything is happening so fast. But as I mentioned in my book review, the pacing of everything is just right and the character development of James fits there just right.
Probably my favourite scene was when Ruby got thrown in the water and he jumped in to save her. He was protective, gentle but didn't act like a knight in shining armour all of a sudden. Be remained himself while changing. And that, my friends, is beautiful.

3. Sex scene
In that exact moment, I knew why Anna Todd blurbed this book. I think the sex scene was 3 pages long which in my opinion was definitely too much. It wasn't bad like Todd's style (thank god), but the detailed description of the foreplay killed it for me. Do I really need to know he took his shoes and socks off? And that he took them off her as well?
No.

3. The ending
The structure of the plot was predictable, like any other novel this type. It was obvious the book will end in a big dramatic breakup, I just didn't know the reason. And even in my wildest speculations, I wouldn't say Kasten will kill off James's mother and he will fall into denial and depression.
But I have to admit it was genius and perfect. It was not out of character for James to behave like he did. It is also something that is not gonna bother me later on in the series - I won't mind when Ruby forgives him.

I kinda want to make predictions, because I only read two chapters grom Save you and I have no idea how the rest of the series will play out (that was true when I was writing this book talk, but I'm still gonna leave this here)
Will Ruby get into Oxford - yes. Maybe she won't be admitted in the first round, but she will definitely get in as a reserve.
Do I want her to get into Oxford - yes. I think she worked hard for it.
Will James get into Oxford - he will, but I don't think he will actually go there. Or if he does - he will drop out like after a month. Now that he hates his father more than ever I won't be surprised if he takes the whole rebellion one step further. 

That's it. All my thoughts about Save me are on the internet now. If you read this book and feel like sharing, commenting, discussing - please do so! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. I love it that you loved that book and the story behind it, that you bought two books from this series at once, just because it looked great! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and web stuff and this is really irritating. A good blog with interesting content, this is what I need. Thanks for making this web-site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    handmade shoes

    ReplyDelete